11/20/10

Light my Fire

so...I've now smoked a couple of cigarettes in my lifetime. I thought I was NEVER going to but...well, I did. The guilt kills me though, sometimes I feel like I can still taste the nicotine (even though it's been almost 2 months and I brush my teeth twice a day). But it got me thinking about why smoking is portrayed as glamorous. After I smoked, I smelled like crap, my throat burned, and my mouth felt dirty...really dirty. There's something about it that, as lame and cliched as it sounds, makes you feel...cool. Or maybe I thought/felt all of this because I was drunk and we were stumbling around Boys Town at 5:30 in the morning with a Lady Gag Gag blow-up doll. ANYWAYS -smoking is not glamorous, but some of the most beautiful and talented women do it and people accept it/condone it/replicate it. It's weird how pop culture society works, isn't it?






No comments:

Post a Comment