3/7/11

Up on a hill, is where we begin

I've been having a full-on affair with Tumblr lately. Why? -people actually follow me/like what I have to say. I still love Blogger though, it's more blog-esque. Tumblr just allows people who obsess over the same thing to reblog and drool together instead of alone, pathetically.

ANYWAYS, a lot has happened since I've posted last. I've gotten another tattoo, I've lost 5 pounds, I've been craving a cigarette, I only cuff my jeans, Radiohead released The King of Limbs (it's obviously fantastic), and I treat my leather jacket as if it's my child.

In other news, the Strokes played SNL and Miley Cyrus is still a talentless child. Back to The Strokes -I'm nervous. Angles is...almost here. I'm EXCITED but apprehensive. Pitchfork posted this CRAZY-ASS ARTICLE that encompasses all 10 years of the Strokes, yet it left me feeling less than optimistic about my favorite's future. I could tell from the NME article that Julian only kinda likes Angles and that Nick was pissed off that Jules wasn't really around. Then, Pitchfork reporter Jonathon Garrett is describing how Julian is answering each question, including the "long pauses" and "hesitations" followed by a cornucopia of ellipses. Should there even be a 5th Strokes album or should we all just revel in what used to be? I'm torn. AND FOR THE RECORD- the happy-go-lucky videos the Strokes' website has been posting about the "Making of Angles" are SERIOUSLY MISGUIDING!

Anyways, I also have a new adoration for Adele. 21 > 19, in my opinion. She's a BAMF. Can we please that acronym back? It was so much fun.

later, BAMFs

No comments:

Post a Comment