6/3/11

This Old Machine

My mom was just on the phone will my grandpa. He's been in the hospital for almost a month and he just found out that my aunt was admitted for the fourth time this month. He told her he already knows, but he's on the "pot" so he can't go visit her right now. I, having selective hearing and being more than 20 feet away, screamed, "PAPA'S SMOKING POT!?" No...my grandpa is not smoking pot, but how funny would that be?

I always think of how my grandparents probably were when they were young. My mom told me Al Capone hit on my grandma (asked her out, not put a hit on her) and my grandpa reminisces about the bar fights he got himself in to during World War 2. All in all, sounds like fascinating stuff to me. I probably would've been friends with them.

The song "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkel kind of reminds me of my grandpa. I wonder if he knows that song...if I get the chance, I'll play it for him one day.

1 comment: