7/2/10

You see her walkin' on down the street

I've been back from New York City for...4 days and I still don't understand why I didn't just take Sam up on her offer and stay awhile longer. WHAT AN IDIOT. There's just something about that city, it gives you a certain confidence. Luckily I know my way around Midtown so I didn't look like an idiot walking ahead of my mother & sister as I was stopped and asked for directions from tourists. I realize that technically I'm a tourist because I don't live there...yet, but I'm not an annoying kind of tourist where I stop in the middle of the street and take a picture of every bit I see. I take it all in sure but I don't need to have a picture of the changing screens on the M&M building. I did take a lot of pictures while in Brooklyn though. I love Brooklyn, everything about it. Prospect Park, the botanical garden, the Brooklyn Museum of Art, and of course the little detour through hipsterland (a.k.a. Williamsburg). I can't wait to move there. I can't wait to go stay with Sam and adventure after our cupcake baking classes and vintage scavenging. I spent $85 in the St. Mark's Place area in about 5 minutes, that has to be some type of record. "Concrete jungle where dreams are made of"-yes, absolutely. "There's nothing you can't do"-only if you have illions and illions of cash. Regardless, I'm counting down the days.

Anyways, I'm home now and just as I suspected-nothing has changed. It rained the entire week I was gone and the bill for my dog staying in that hotel cost $312. It's not so bad though, we did throw a picnic which included a water balloon fight and singing "Age of Aquarius" as we danced through the new waterpark area of Fort Frankfort. I just saw a mosquito(e?) fly about my room-FUCK.

To end this dully informative post, I admit to having an obsession with Karen Elson (Mrs. Jack White) and her album "The Ghost Who Walks"


LISTEN TO IT!

p.s. Hello Hilary (if you still read this) I miss & love youuuu :)

1 comment: