5/27/11

Opening My Jar of Thoughts

So, in lieu of my most recent review postings, I've decided to really go all in with this music journalism thing. I know I've been saying it and wishing for it, but I think I have what it takes. I mean, I read reviews by Rob Sheffield and interviews done by Brian Hiatt and I just think, "I can write just as well as them." People, not just my friends who may hold a certain bias, seem to like what I'm saying -so why do I still question it? Maybe because the world is so fucked up, but how long can I keep using that excuse? Will the world stay in this turmoil forever? Actually...probably. ANYWAY, to stay out of those muddy waters, I'll just keep the focus right on myself, thanks :)

Regardless of what the future holds, I'm proud of myself for even posting my opinion on the internet, where it "can never really be deleted." The only person who was allowed to read my musings before this was my cousin Rachael, and though I love her, I don't think she ever really got it. I don't think a lot of people in my family get it...but I guess that unconditional love thing kicks in and it doesn't really matter.

Also, I've started writing fictional short-stories again. I kind of like where this one is going so, if worthy, I'll post a bit. I'm so glad to be out of my "emo" phase, you have NO idea. In all honesty, how many stories could one girl write about being an outcast and falling in love with the boy with chipped, black nails and a deep, dark secret? It got a little tired, but I did win a Young Author's Award for that masterpiece ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment