6/1/11

Synonyms for "Inspiration"

I'm currently writing my review of Death Cab for Cuties' Codes & Keys. The album is beautiful, but I have no idea where to begin. I could start off with something like,"In the past, Death Cab for Cutie has released albums that reach into your soul; each track's tale of romantic sadness burrowing itself into the caverns that surround your heart...", but how CYNICAL does that sound? That is how their music made me feel though. Ben Gibbard understood that everything dies; the idea of love, lovers, family members, etc. Life ends and life isn't always happy and sometimes you're alone...then you wake up, clean up, and BOOM! -you're married to the indie darling who is Zooey Deschanel. Well, we can't all share that tale, can we?

Anyway, what's really going on is that I'm INCREDIBLY wrapped up in my short story/could possibly be turned into a novel -that's how ridiculously stimulated I am with this story. I gave it a serious overhaul and BOOM! -inspiration...I'm really overdoing it with the onamonapia usage here, apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment